Village of North Hudson
Regular Board of Trustees Meeting
Tuesday, March 31, 2020- 7:00 PM
1.President Stan Wekkin called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Wekkin read the invocation. Answering the call were Trustees Head, Leaf, Matz, Nelson, Pike, and Zais. A quorum was present and the meeting had been duly noticed. Also in attendance were the Village Attorney, Paul Mahler; Public Works Director, Patrick Moos and Village Administrator/Clerk, Melissa Luedke.
2.Motion (Pike/Nelson) to approve the March 3, 2020 Regular Board minutes as presented. Motion carried.
3.No comments from the public were received.
4. a. Motion (Pike/Leaf) to approve the Declaration of Emergency in Response to the COVID-19 Coronavirus. Motion carried.
b. Motion (Pike/Leaf) to suspend the rules and not read the complete declaration aloud. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0. Pike-yes, Leaf-yes, Nelson-yes, Head-yes, Matz-yes, Wekkin-yes, Zais-yes.
5.Motion (Pike/Head) to deny the Amended Class "B"/"Class B" Liquor License for extended premises: Mallalieu Inn Spring Motorcycle Run-April 11, 2020, with an alternative rain date of April 25, 2020, due to COVID-19. Motion carried.
6.Motion (Pike/Leaf) to schedule the Re-Org meeting for Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at 5:00 pm. Motion carried.
7.Remarks from Wekkin and Luedke.
8.Plan Commission did not meet.
9. a. Motion (Nelson/Head) to approve the March 2020 non-recurring claims of $31,266.90. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0. Zais-yes, Nelson-yes, Pike-yes, Wekkin-yes, Matz-yes, Head-yes, Leaf-yes.
b. Motion (Pike/Leaf) to adopt the Emergency Paid Sick Leave policy as required by the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) as an addendum to the employee handbook. Motion carried.
10. Public Works did not meet.
11. a. Public Safety by Zais.
b. Motion (Zais/Nelson) to the purchase of a 2020 Ford Police Interceptor SUV from Hudson Ford and the purchase and installation of equipment to outfit the squads in an amount not to exceed $58,000.00 from the Unassigned Fund in 2020. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0. Leaf-yes, Head-yes, Matz-yes, Wekkin-yes, Pike-yes, Nelson-yes, Zais-yes.
12. Public Welfare did not meet.
13. Park Board update by Nelson.
14. a. Motion (Leaf/Pike) to convene into closed session pursuant to §19.85(1)(e) to deliberate or negotiate the purchase of public properties, the investing of public funds, or conducting other specified public business, whenever competitive or bargaining reasons require a closed session, with respect to water and sewer ad hoc committee updates. Motion passed on a roll call vote of 7-0. Zais-yes, Nelson-yes, Pike-yes, Wekkin-yes, Matz-yes, Head-yes, Leaf-yes.
b. The Board convened into closed session at 7:25 p.m.
15. a. Motion (Leaf/Nelson) to reconvene into open session. Motion carried.
b. The Board reconvened into open session at 8:03 p.m.
c. Motion (Zais/Leaf) to update the Water & Sewer Ad Hoc Committee to include Melissa Luedke, Patrick Moos, Tim Zais, Brian Pike, and Mary Wekkin. Motion carried.
16. Wekkin declared the meeting adjourned at 8:04 p.m.
Jessica Lehman, Deputy Clerk/Treasurer
Resolutions, ordinances, and full minutes are available for review at the Village Hall, 400 7th Street N. Please visit the Village website-www.northhudsonvillage.org.
(May 21, 2020) 2838729 WNAXLP