Red Wing's Jackie Friedrich has played in 10 of the 12 games and is a plus-3 with one shot and one assist as a freshman defenseman for the Lake Forest women's hockey team (8-3-1 overall). Friedrich earned her first career point on a goal by teammate Stephanie Slinde during the Nov. 13 game against St. Scholastica. That game ended up in a 1-1 tie.
- Sophomore Nicole Anderson is one of four players on the St. Cloud State women's basketball team (7-6 overall, 4-5 Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference) to have started all 13 games this season.
The Cannon Falls graduate has a total of 87 points, averaging 6.7 per game, and 30 steals.
Her 56 rebounds ranks second on the team, and she is first in the offensive rebound category with 23. She averages 4.3 rebounds per game.
- Through 15 games, junior Maranda Dohrn is one of two players on the Wisconsin-River Falls women's basketball team to have started every game and she leads the team with 117 rebounds, a 7.8 per game average. By comparison, the next teammate down the list has 84 rebounds.
The Lake City graduate also leads the Falcons with 15 blocks, and she's second on the team in points (152, 10.1 per game).
Dohrn had a double-double with 15 points and 16 boards in a 61-47 win over UW-Stout on Jan. 5. In a 72-63 loss to UW-Whitewater on Jan. 8, Dohrn had 13 points and a team-high eight rebounds.
She was named the Falcon Player of the Week back in November after she helped her team win the Northwestern Tournament.
- Grant Frost, a Red Wing graduate, made his presence known in a St. Thomas swimming double-dual meet sweep Jan. 8 in St. Peter, Minn.
He was part of the winning 200-yard medley relay team that swam to a time of 1 minute, 37.38 seconds. He finished second in both the 100 and 200 breaststroke events with times of 1:01.17 and 2:14.99, and he came in sixth in the 200 individual medley at 2:08.26.
The senior made his mark at the St. Thomas Invite back in December in the brand-new Anderson Pool. He won both of the breaststroke events (1:01.91, 2:16.68), finished third in the 200 individual medley (2:10.76) and swam stints for the winning 200 medley and 400 medley relays.
- In 13 games for the Augsburg men's hockey team, Red Wing graduate Trevor Doden has two goals, four assists, 41 shots (second on the team) and is a plus-1 for his junior season. His two tallies have been game-winners for the 8-4-1 Auggies.
Augsburg rallied for a 3-2 overtime victory Jan. 8 on the road against Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference foe St. Olaf. Despite trailing 2-0 midway through the third period, Augsburg won it at 1:40 of the extra session. Doden had an assist on the game-winner by Mario Mjelleli.
- Carleton men's basketball junior and Red Wing graduate Caleb Rosenow hit double figures for the seventh straight game with 13 points and a team-high five rebounds in a 74-57 win over St. Mary's on Jan. 8 at home.
The 6-foot-7 forward has become a rebound leader for the Knights. Through the first 12 games, he has led his team with 60 total rebounds. His 128 points and 10.7 points-per-game average are second on the team.
The Knights are chasing only St. Thomas in the race for the top spot in the MIAC.