An accomplished educator as well as a singer and songwriter, Minneapolis troubadour Jeremy Messersmith will conduct several workshops while in Red Wing May 9-11. The week culminates in a concert at 7:30 p.m. May 11 at the Sheldon Theatre.
He has served on the songwriting faculty at McNally Smith College of Music and as artist-in-residence at Hopkins High School, in addition to offering a variety of learning opportunities.
READ MORE: Musical grab bag coming to Sheldon
All of the ukulele workshops are full. There may be room available at the songwriting workshop on May 9; register with firstname.lastname@example.org. Workshops are free.
Thursday, May 9
• 1 p.m. artist conversation at Pier 55.
• 5:30 p.m. songwriting workshop at the Universal Music Center on the Anderson Center Tower View campus. Messersmith will talk about the art of songwriting and share techniques and tools.
Friday, May 10
• 9:40 a.m. Tower View School mini-concert and conversation.
• 4 p.m. ukulele workshop at Staghead (full).
Saturday, May 11
• 11 a.m. ukulele workshop at Sheldon Theatre (full).
• 7:30 p.m. concert, Sheldon Theatre (few tickets remain).