More than a half dozen bands and solo acts featuring recent Red Wing and area high school graduates will be held again this year at Hobgoblin Music.
Sam Brown and friends have organized the fourth annual Snow Lights Sound event for 7 p.m. Dec. 27 in the Music Loft on the top floor of the old gray barn.
"It is going to be an extra special night of music," Brown promised.
The latest addition to the lineup is Patrick Flueger, RWHS alumni who has made a name for himself as an actor in movies and on television.
Flueger will join Josh Huot (RWHS Class of 2002) during a set by the band Happy Niceweather. The Los Angeles band, Huot's project, plays acoustic folk music.
- Trapper Schoepp Band, now based in Milwaukee, which was formed by Ellsworth High School graduate Trapper Schoepp and other Ellsworth and Red Wing students. According to Brown, the band members "have established themselves as the next generation of folk-rock."
- Bo.Monro of Salem, Ore., featuring Sam Brown (RWHS Class of 2003) performing "loop-based instrumental indie rock."
- The Neighborhood, an indie rock band featuring Red Wing natives Sam Courtier and Dustin Dorsey (both RWHS Class of 2004).
- Dusty J, presenting solo acoustic music performed by Dusty Jostes (RWHS Class of 2007).
- Joe Drotos, featuring solo acoustic music by Joe Drotos (RWHS Class of 2004).
- The Invincible Kids out of Minneapolis, who play "electro-punk rock." The band features Red Wing native Drew Phillips (RWHS Class of 2002). Brown said they will be closing out the night "with a massive dance party."
For the past three years, the concert and dance party has attracted more than 120 paying customers, Brown said. "This year I think the event will sell out." Capacity is 175.
Hot chocolate and light refreshments served.