The city of Red Wing declared a snow emergency Monday in anticipation of a winter storm that could bring six inches of snow or more.
The snow emergency begins 12:01 a.m. Tuesday, March 6. All vehicles parked on designated Snow Emergency Routes must be moved and remain off the street until noon Tuesday. Vehicles parked on designated streets during the snow emergency will be towed at the owner's expense, the city says.
The snow emergency city streets designated as a Non Snow Emergency Route is 12:01 a.m. to noon Wednesday, March 7.
Off-street parking is available at:
- City parking lot at Third and Plum streets
- City parking lot at Oak and Williams streets near the museum
- City parking lot off Bohmbach Drive by the Athletic Field
- City parking area at the 10th Street pump station
- Legion parking lot at West Fourth and Potter streets by Annadees Closet
- All three city parking ramps