• At 6:26 p.m. Jan. 9, Daniel Stanley Gulick, 41, River Falls, was cited $111.40 for inattentive driving after he allegedly rear-ended a vehicle stopped in traffic near Main Street and Mound View Road.
• At 8:10 p.m. Dec. 30, Tyler James Kinmounth, 24, Maplewood, Minn., was cited $313 for reckless driving and $187 for hit and run after an incident on East Walnut and South Main streets. Witnesses saw Kinmounth appear to be trying to "drift" on Main Street near Walnut Street, and nearly hit a pedestrian in a crosswalk, then attempt to "drift" again and crash into a parked vehicle; he then left the scene. Kinmonth was later located, cited and released.
Unauthorized use of personal information
At 4:13 p.m. Jan. 8, a resident reported that someone had opened four credit cards in his name, without permission. A suspect was identified.
At 4:03 p.m. Jan. 9, Jeffrey Joseph Nelson, 54, River Falls, was arrested under a failure to appear warrant and taken to Pierce County Jail. Nelson had come to the police department for a complaint. Police realized he had an active warrant for his arrest, found him and arrested him.
• At 2 p.m. Jan. 11, a 15-year-old River Falls juvenile was cited $73.60 for possession of tobacco. The juvenile was caught with a vaporizer containing nicotine at River Falls High School, 818 Cemetery Road.
• At 8:51 a.m. Jan. 14, a 17-year-old River Falls juvenile was cited $124 for habitual truancy after allegedly being truant eight times between Sept. 19 and Jan. 14.
• On Monday, Jan. 14, a-17-year-old River Falls Juvenile was cited $92.50 for possession of THC. Marijuana, a glass pipe, a vaporizer containing nicotine, cigars, cigarette papers and a lighter were found inside the juvenile's locker at River Falls High School.
• At 9 p.m., Jan. 11, Wray Marie Morrison, 59, Baldwin, was cited for retail theft. Morrison allegedly stole several items, from ShopKo, 1777 Paulson Road, which were concealed in her purse. She was cited $187 and released.
• At 10:10 a.m. Jan. 14, the son of two residents reported that the residents' home had been broken into and gone through. Jewelry, coins and a safe were reported missing.
Oops, I dropped my pipe
At 12:03 a.m. Jan. 12, Amanda Ashley Hei, 21, River Falls, was cited $861 for OWI, $187 for possession of drug paraphernalia and $149 for speeding. Hei was pulled over for driving 45 mph in a 25 mph zone. She received a .17 on a preliminary breath test. Two pipes, rolling papers and a bag of suspected marijuana were found inside Hei's vehicle.
She was arrested and taken to the police department. It was discovered that she has also concealed a glass drug pipe in her pants, and dropped it while using the restroom. She was cited and released to a sober person.
At 2:45 a.m. Jan. 12, Nathaniel David Helgeson, 29, River Falls, was cited $98.80 for possession of an open container of alcohol on a public road after allegedly walking on East Elm Street, across Main Street, toward Veterans Park while carrying an open can of beer and allegedly trying to hide the beer from police in his coat.