Pierce County Sheriff's Office report: Roadside hunters questioned in 2 stops
Roadside hunters questioned in 2 stops
Two people witnessed wearing camouflage and possessing guns were reported at 7:27 p.m. Jan. 19 at Highway 63 and 825th Street in Hager City. Deputies found the men, who were determined to be hunters. They were warned about parking in a construction zone. Deputies encountered the men again about three hours later at County Road D and Highway 35 in Bay City, where their vehicle was found parked on the road. Deputies checked to see if the men had permission to hunt on the land. The landowners were contacted. Neither wished to press trespassing charges, though one of them wanted to speak with the hunters.
Burglary, attempted arson investigated
Deputies responded at 9:31 a.m. Jan. 19 to W8840 640th Ave. in Ellsworth for a burglary with attempted arson.
Bartender cited for after-hours violation
Deputies went at 2:13 a.m. Jan. 17 to N673 825th St. in Hager City to check on the establishment there. Many people were found inside the bar after closing hours. The bartender, a 23-year-old Mazeppa, Minn., man was cited. Patrons were escorted out.
Man arrested after Maiden Rock crash
Officers responded to a vehicle that overturned into an embankment at 5:11 a.m. Jan. 20 at 113th Avenue and Highway 35 in Maiden Rock. The driver, a 24-year-old Elk River, Minn., man, was arrested on suspicion of OWI.
A caller phoned deputies Jan. 15 amid concerns he was wanted for arrest in Pierce County because his grandson hadn't transferred the title of a car signed over to him. The caller said he was further worried since he was out of the country. Deputies told the man he was not wanted by police and to call again once he returned if he still had questions.
Suspicious car leads to arrest
Officers on patrol at 3:03 a.m. Jan. 16 stopped a vehicle at highways 10 and 29 in Prescott that matched the description of a vehicle sought in a theft case. The driver, a St. Paul man, was found be revoked in Minnesota and suspended in Wisconsin. The driver was arrested for a St. Croix County failure to appear warrant and was cited for operating without a license.
Suspicious man arrested in Prescott
Sheriff's investigators and a Wisconsin State Patrol trooper responded at 4:08 p.m. Jan. 16 to W11651 Highway 35 in Prescott for a suspicious man on the side of the road. The man was found and arrested on suspicion of obstructing an officer.
Deputies responded to a driving complaint at 8:22 p.m. Jan. 17 on 825th Street in Hager City. The driver, a River Falls man, was arrested on suspicion of OWI.
• A domestic disturbance was reported Jan. 19 at W11498 840th Ave. in River Falls. A 29-year-old River Falls man was arrested on suspicion of domestic disorderly conduct and misdemeanor bail jumping.
• Deputies responded at 2:34 a.m. to 414 W. Overlook Drive in Ellsworth for a domestic disturbance. An Ellsworth man was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor domestic battery and misdemeanor victim intimidation.
• Suspicious activity was reported at 1:36 p.m. Jan. 14 on 1200th Street in Prescott. The person in question was determined to be a worker for a company doing underground drilling.
• A caller at W5153 810th Ave. in Spring Valley reported Jan. 15 that his tractor had been vandalized.
• A caller reported a loud truck and people yelling Jan. 15 at a driveway on Cemetery Road in Bay City. Deputies arrived to find people who were struggling to move a junked car on the property. Everyone appeared to be fine. No problems were found.
• A caller on 590th Street in Beldenville reported suspicious activity Jan. 17. A man there saw a suspicious male taking photos of a home. When confronted, the man drove off rapidly.
• A woman cleaning out a relative's belongings at a Spring Valley home Jan. 20 found a prescription narcotic that wasn't prescribed to the relative. The complainant suspected the relative had stolen it from a now-deceased group home resident.