The following incidents were reported to Ellsworth Police Jan. 21-27.
Car damaged on Cairns Street
A woman reported damage to her vehicle's windows at 2:27 p.m. Jan. 22 in the 500 block of Cairns Street. The woman found deep scratches on her vehicles rear window, driver's side door window and windshield. She said the scratches were not there at 10:45 a.m. that day. She suspects a neighbor with which she's had ongoing problems, who she alleged left donuts on her car one day and whose son urinated in front of her window another day.
A resident reported a laptop stolen at 8:46 p.m. Jan. 24 from an Evergreen Estates residence. She said the last time she had seen it was Jan. 1; she believes it was stolen between Jan. 1-14.
• Jeffery Carr, 31, Ellsworth, was arrested for a failure to appear warrant at 8:36 a.m. Jan. 21 at Crosscut Avenue and Main Street.
• Chad Taylor, 43, River Falls, was arrested for a probation hold at 1:09 p.m. Jan. 24 at 310 W. Main St.
• Albert Pena, 35, Trempealeau, was arrested for operating after revocation after a traffic stop for speeding at 3:18 p.m. Jan. 26 at Crosstown Road and North Maple Street. His license had been revoked due to OWI.
• Alexis Glowartz, 22, Ellsworth, was arrested for a probation hold after police responded to 722 S. Piety St. twice; the first time was for a fight escalating between a brother and sister. The brother agreed to leave for the day. The second time, a woman called police and said Glowartz was being disrespectful. Police returned and she was transported to the Pierce County Jail without incident.
A woman in the 500 block of West Kinne Street reported to police at 7:38 p.m. Jan. 27 that a man stopped near her house, let a dog out of his truck and let it run down the street. The man, known to police, was told he cannot allow his dog to run around town unleashed. The sheriff's department has spoken to him about it in the past.
A two-vehicle accident between Christine Karlstad, 38, Ellsworth and Barbara Thoen, 67, Prescott, was reported at 4:21 p.m. Jan. 26. The crash, which occurred in the Ellsworth High School parking lot, happened when Karlstad's vehicle backed into Thoen's. Thoen had though Karlstad was turning left (Thoen was going to turn right), when Karlstad's vehicle began backing up and struck her vehicle with what she believed was the hitch. Karlstad allegedly told Thoen she has no insurance.
• Ellsworth High School staff called police for help in removing a noncompliant student at 8:24 a.m. Jan. 25.
• An EHS student was cited for possessing an e-cig/vape pen in a classroom at 2:27 p.m. Jan. 25. The student refused to give the name of the person he bought it from. He bought it for $50.
• Ellsworth Elementary staff contacted police at 10:37 a.m. Jan. 22 after a man smelling of alcohol showed up at the school to pick up a child. The child was not afraid to go with him, and he didn't appear intoxicated. The van in which they left was not located; probation was contacted concerning the alcohol smell.