The New Richmond High School Science Olympiad team finished sixth overall at regionals, which was held at Menomonie High School, in a field of 18 schools.
"We've accumulated three times the medals as we did last year at this point, and hope to keep it rolling as a state qualifying team," said coach Nicholas Filipiak.
The following students placed in the following events at the regional competition:
• Sydney Massey and Peyton Harrington - Write It Do It - first place
• Katey Eickhoff and Teresa Tenner - Write It Do It - fourth place
• Tyler Sippl and Kadie Steiner - WIFI Lab - first place
• Taylor Porter and Quintin Schlicht - Thermodynamics - fourth place
• Katey Eickhoff, Madelyn Mehr, and Katrina Riba - Protein Modeling - third place
• Teresa Tenner and Taylor Porter - Mission Possible - third place
• Darian Garrett and Quintin Schlicht - Chemistry Lab - fourth place
"Sydney and Peyton scored a perfect score (in Write It, Do It), which is unheard of in that event, unheard of for someone doing it for their first time, and very unlikely for freshmen to do at this point in the season. They were awesome," Filipiak said.