The midterm election Tuesday Nov. 6 saw the highest participation rate in Minnesota since the 2002 midterm, according to preliminary numbers from the Secretary of State. More than 2.5 million Minnesotans voted either in-person or absentee, a participation rate of about 64 percent.
Here's a roundup of local races you may have missed:
- Claflin unseats incumbent Franke in state house race
- Karwoski and Johnson elected to Washington County Board
- Cottage Grove, Grey Cloud incumbents retain seats
- Elliott, Ingemann elected to Newport City Council
More election stories
- Walz wins governor race with 'One Minnesota'
- Klobuchar wins re-election bid for Minnesota
- Angie Craig ousts Rep. Jason Lewis in 2nd Congressional District
- Ellison declares victory in attorney general’s race
- Smith bests Housley in special U.S. Senate race in Minnesota
- Voters favor Chutich in only contested race for Minnesota Supreme Court
- DFL takes back control of House; GOP holds Senate with special election victory