Work on street and sidewalk projects will be starting the week of July 22, the city of Red Wing announced Friday.
The follow projects are planned:
- West Avenue (Main Street to W. Seventh Street)
- East Avenue (Main Street to W. Seventh Street)
- W. Third Street (West Avenue to East Avenue)
- W. Fourth Street (West Avenue to East Avenue)
- W. Fifth Street (East Avenue to Bush Street)
The work is part of the city’s 2019 Mill & Overlay Project. Crews will be working on replacing pedestrian ramps along these streets to meet the
requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. This work will involve some street pavement patching and replacement of some valley gutters across the side streets.
Sidewalks on only one side of the street will be closed at a time so that pedestrians can use the other side sidewalk as a detour during the work.
Milling and paving work on these streets will likely occur in early to mid-August. Periodic travel lane and parking lane closures will occur during the construction work.
Parking closures will be posted at least 24 hours in advance of taking effect, the city says.