St. Croix County Emergency Management is encouraging people with water damage due to the spring thaw to report damages.

Reports can be made online here: or by calling 211. The information will be used by St. Croix County Emergency Support Services to assess the amount of damage to private resident homes and businesses. Emergencies, such as life safety assistance, should be requested through 911.

It is not known at this time if there will be financial assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), grants, loans or other sources. While residents should not count on this funding, they are encouraged to keep record of all expenses and take pictures of damages in the event there are reimbursement or funding opportunities offered in the future.

This is the first step in gathering information to understand what, where, how much, and what type of damage has occurred.

County emergency management officials reminded that submitting a 211 form or calling 211 does not guarantee assistance, but is a crucial first step in determining if people may be eligible for disaster assistance programs possibly available in the future. Much of the flooding is about drainage issues. The ground is saturated and frozen and has nowhere to go. Areas that normally do not see flooding have standing water that is moving into buildings and over roadways.

Emergency Support Services has created a 2019 Spring Thaw page here: to provide additional information on flood preparedness and resources.