Hastings High School's girls track and field team put up some good times at the section 1AA meet June 3 and June 5, but they weren't enough to get any of the girls a spot at the state meet.
Alicia Alverson won her heat in the 400-meter dash and had the fourth-best time out of all the runners. She ran a 1:01.32, but needed a 57.55 or faster to qualify for state. Alverson also placed third in the final heat in the long jump with a distance of 16-11, but needed a 17-06 for state.
Kelly Pechous also placed well in the 1600 and had the third-best time in the event. She ran a 5:15.64 but needed a 5:04.41 or better to qualify for state.
Brittney Huneke placed ninth in the high jump, but was four inches short of the state qualifying height.
As a team, the girls scored 23 points and placed 12th out of 15 teams. Lakeville North earned the most points, 109.
- 100 dash (preliminary): Allison Nolan, 28th, 14.39; Savannah Fultz, 29th, 14.66;
- 200 dash: Sophia Kneen, 25th, 29.19; Fultz, 27th, 29.33;
- 400 dash: Alverson, fourth, 1:00.89; Johannah Kneen, 12th, 1:02.91;
- 800 run: Clarese Mancl, 11th, 2:27.49; Nicole Gaertner, 30th, 2:56.92;
- 1600 run: Kelly Pechous, third, 5:15.64; Maddy O'Brien, 24th, 5:54.11;
- 3200 run: Pechous, sixth, 11:30.60; Brianna Strandberg, 16th, 12:26.82;
- 100 hurdles: Emily Hughes, 19th, 18.62; McKensie Hollar, 25th, 19.08;
- 300 hurdles: Hughes, 18th, 51.56; McKensie Hollar, 25th, 53.46;
- 4x100 relay: Hastings, 15th, 56.70;
- 4x200 relay: Hastings, 12th, 1:55.14;
- 4x400 relay: Hastings, sixth, 4:11.95;
- 4x800 relay: Hastings, 10th, 10:29.32;
- High jump: Huneke, ninth, 5-00; Nicole Hollar, 12th, 4-10;
- Long jump (preliminary): Alverson, second, 16-11; Huneke, 21st, 14-06.75;
- Long jump (final): Alverson, third, 16-11;
- Triple jump (preliminary): Huneke, 17th, 31-04.75; Hughes, 29th, 27-07.25;
- Pole vault: Mackenzie Klimek, 23rd, 7-07; Ashley Addison, 25th, 7-01;
- Discus (preliminary): Hanah Martin, 21st, 83-03; Becky Church, 27th, 72-08; and
- Shot put (preliminary): Martin, 26th, 28-05.5; Kelsey Myers, 28th, 27-04.