The brand new Wisconsin 4-H license plate is now available for your car, truck or motorhome. The specialty plate is now available through the Wisconsin Department of Motor Vehicles and bears the message "4-H Empowering Youth." The sale of each license plate will include a monetary contribution to the Wisconsin 4-H Foundation.
"This is a great way for our 4-H families, alumni and supporters to show their 4-H pride," said Brenda Scheider, Executive Director for the Wisconsin 4-H Foundation. "Half of the proceeds from every plate sale will go back to the county in which the plate was purchased. The other half will be used for state and regional 4-H programs."
Vehicles that qualify for the 4-H license plate include:
• Motor homes (annual registration only)
• Motor trucks
• 4,500, 6,000 or 8,000 pounds gross weight including dual purpose farm and dual purpose motor home
• 12,000 pounds gross weight farm truck
Persons requesting Wisconsin 4-H license plates will pay:
• The regular registration fee for the vehicle if the current plates expire within three months or the vehicles has no plates.
• $15 issuance fee or an annual $15 personalized plate fee, if requested.
• $25 annual donation. The donation may be deductible.
4-H license plates may be personalized by paying a $15 personalized plate fee each year in addition to the $25 donation and regular annual registration fee. With each annual license plate renewal, 4-H supporters will pay the regular registration fee for non-personalized 4-H license plates and the $25 donation.
For more information, contact the Wisconsin Department of Transportation directly or visit wisconsindot.gov/Documents/formdocs/mv2969.pdf. For more information about Wisconsin 4-H Foundation, visit Wis4HFoundation.org.